This Baked “Fried” Chicken recipe has no skin. No frying. Just super moist and flavorful. Move over KFC, I think you found your match!
- 6 pieces of chicken boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into thirds, legs, and/or thighs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt (I use Lawry’s Seasoned Salt)
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 stick butter (or 1/4 cup)
- 1 gallon-size Ziploc bag (optional)
- Place thawed chicken strips in a bowl of buttermilk, cover, and let soak 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator..
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine and mix thoroughly flour, salt, seasoned salt, pepper, and Paprika in a gallon-size Ziploc bag or bowl.
- Cut 1/2 stick of butter into a few pieces and place in a 9- x 13-inch pan. Melt butter in preheated oven.
- Spread melted butter around the bottom of the pan. Lightly spray the pan with cooking spray, if needed, to make sure that there are no dry spots.
- Shake excess buttermilk off chicken and completely coat each piece in flour mixture. Either shake in the bag until coated or dip each piece in the bowl until coated.
- Place each piece of chicken in the preheated pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn each piece of chicken over and continue baking for 20 minutes more, or until cooked through (170 degrees F).