- 2 medium zucchini (1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite spaghetti sauce, for dipping
- 1/3 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup Panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup (3/4 ounce) grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a large baking sheet with a light coating of cooking spray or line with parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the salad dressing, beaten egg and garlic. In a second shallow bowl stir together bread crumbs and remaining ingredients.
- Toss the zucchini in the egg mixture and dip each round into the bread crumb mixture, coating both sides evenly, and place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the zucchini for approximately 20-25 mins or until browned and crisp. Remove with spatula and serve warm with spaghetti sauce for dipping.