This was so easy to make! I used it as a filling in a layer cake. When mixing in the powdered sugar, I put it on the burner that was still hot when it seemed like it would stiffen up before I had the chance to incorporate all the powdered sugar. It is a hard frosting- not a creamy one. If you want creamy, try another recipe!
- 1cup brown sugar
- 1 half cup butter
- 1 quarter cup milk
- confectioners’ sugar, as needed
- Cook sugar and butter for two minutes.
- Stir in One quarter cup milk.
- Bring to a boil; cool.
- Stir in 10x (confectioner’s) sugar, until thick enough to spread.
- Makes enough for 2 large cake layers