A basic tomato sauce is brightened up with sauteed garlic and onions and spread on the bottom of a baking dish. From there, savory jumbo hot dogs are packed in … Chili Cheese Dog Casserole Recipe Main Dishes with chili, shredded cheddar cheese, hot dogs. Saved from 12tomatoes.com. Cheesy Hot Dog Soldiers.
- 8 jumbo hot dogs, cut into thirds
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F and lightly grease a baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add onions and cook until translucent, 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook one minute more.
- Add tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper and let simmer 2-3 minutes. Spread sauce evenly across the bottom of the baking dish.
- Arrange hot dogs standing up in rows across baking dish. Top evenly with cheese and bake until bubbly and cheese has melted, 30-40 minutes. Enjoy!
Other recipe: Tex-Mex Skillet.