Make your own super-crunchy pickles with this recipe…and stop paying out the nose for something that is so simple to make in your own kitchen.
- 1 gallon cucumber
- 1/3 cup instant minced onion
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 6 heads fresh dill
- 1 1/2 quarts water
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup canning salt
- Slice cucumbers lengthwise into quarters; add to sterilized jars along with the dill.
- Boil liquids and seasonings to dissolve the salt then cool.
- Pour over pickles and let sit on counter for three days shaking or turning them occasionally,
- Refrigerate for up to one year.
- Please do not try to use the regular grocery store cucumbers, they have wax on them and they will not turn out. You can use grocery store pickling cucumbers as they are not waxed.