If you have leftover mashed potatoes, you really want to try this. There is no real science to making these and you can really have fun with them. They are just a little something special to serve your family.
- Leftover mashed potatoes (I had just over 3 cups)
- 1/2 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- 1 T. bacon bits or pieces
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C. flour
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- First…this is what I put in mine, but you can add anything to these potatoes, just always use the 1 egg 1/2 C flour ratio.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well, you want the mixture to be sort of like a dough but not too thick. Heat oil in a large skillet. Using a large spoon, drop in the heated oil and press down slightly. Cook approx. 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate. Enjoy!