Mix things up with this Garlic and Cheese Mashed Cauliflower. It is so good that we promise you will not miss having those spuds on the side.
- 1 head cauliflower
- salt & freshly cracked pepper
- 4-6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 c cream
- 1/3 c grated Romano cheese
- Salt & freshly cracked pepper
- Clean cauliflower and break into large flowerette pieces. In a large piece of aluminum foil, tightly wrap cauliflower flowerettes and peeled garlic cloves that have been seasoned with salt and pepper and place in 350°F oven and bake for 45-55 minutes or until tender.
- Put into casserole dish and mash to desired consistency (I like a little texture to mine). Add EVOO and cream and mix in well. Add the grated Romano cheese and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Can be made ahead and reheated in a 350°F oven until piping hot.