Great homemade Cheese Rolls: Lebanese Way
Lebanese sweet rolls is crispy cheese rolls. Sweet cheese rolls are super crispy outside and cheese and slaty inside.
- 250 g phyllo dough, cut in medium sized triangles
- 250 g feta cheese, crumbled with a fork
- 200 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons flour, diluted in 1.5 tablespoons water
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- In a bowl, mix the mozzarella and feta cheese together.
- Take one triangular sheet of dough and place 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture at 2 cm from the base. Fold the base of the sheet over the filling, then fold in the two sides and roll up. To seal well, dip the tip of the triangle with some water-diluted flour.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and cheese mixture.
- Deep fry the cheese rolls until they become golden in color from both sides.
- Remove from frying pan and place on a kitchen absorbent paper. Serve hot.