6-8 strips of bacon, chopped
1/2 lb ground Italian sausage
2 mini frozen store bought pizzas your choice of brand
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese divided in half
1/2 cup mini pepperonis
1/2 cup marinara sauce
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
Start with the bacon:
- Fry the bacon in a medium-high saucepan or pot for 5 minutes. Add a splash of water to render the fat. Continue cooking for an additional 3-4 minutes or until the bacon has reached the crispiness you like. Extract the bacon from the grease and set aside.
Now the sausage:
- Add the sausage to a medium-high pan. Cook the sausage until it becomes brown and crispy. Add bacon and cook for about 5 minutes so the flavors can combine.
For the pizza:
- Microwave the pizza for half the amount of time it says on the box. This will allow the pizza to be formed without breaking or being compromised.
- Place the pizza in the taco holder. If you don’t have a taco holder, flip a muffin tray upside down and fit it in between two muffin slots (it should hold).
- Add some of the meat mixture to the inside of the taco. Add a bit of the marinara sauce followed by half the mozzarella cheese
- Place the tacos in the oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt. Take it out and place the mini pepperonis on top. Switch the oven to broil and put the tacos back in. Cook until the tops are golden brown and bubbling and the cheese has fully melted. Enjoy!