How to make a butter milk pie
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C).
- Step 2: Beat eggs until frothy; add butter, sugar and flour. Beat until smooth.
- Step 3: Stir in buttermilk, vanilla, lemon juice and nutmeg; pour into pie shell.
- Step 4: Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until center is firm.