How to make an Old Fashioned Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe?
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees.
- Cream the butter and shortening together.
- Add the sugar and continue to cream.
- Add the cream cheese and beat until light and fluffy.
- Alternate adding the flour and eggs and mix until completely blended.
- Add the vanilla and mix.
- Pour into a greased bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.