I love me a delicious trifle.. the mixture of cake, pudding, whipped cream and candy is the best of all worlds!! This Peanut Butter Chocolate Trifle includes two of my favorite things.. peanut butter and chocolate. Turned out amazing!!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 boxes of low fat chocolate jello instant pudding
- 4 cups of milk (as per the pudding directions)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (plus 2 tbsp for drizzling)
- 1 large container of low fat cool whip
- 1 bag of mini Reese peanut butter cups (chopped into pieces)
- 1 large bag of Reese’s pieces
- Bake the cake as per the directions on the box. Let cool completely.
- Let cool whip thaw out until it’s easier to spread.
- Make the pudding as per the directions on the box, at the very end before you let it set stir in the 1/4 cup of peanut butter. Let set.
- Crumble the cake into a trifle dish (or bowl), top with 1/2 of the pudding mixture, then add a layer of cool whip (1/2 the container), and then sprinkle 1/2 of the chopped Reese peanut butter cups and 1/2 the bag of Reese’s pieces.
- Do another layer exactly the same: cake, pudding, cool whip, candy.
- Put the 2 tbsp of peanut butter into the microwave for about 45 seconds to melt, then drizzle over top of the trifle.