How to make a Perfect Roast Beef?
- (4-lb.) round roast1/4 c.
- extra-virgin olive oil3
- cloves garlic, minced1 tbsp.
- chopped fresh rosemary 1 tbsp.
- chopped fresh thyme leaves2 tsp.
- kosher salt1 tsp.
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Rub all over roast.
- Place roast in roasting pan fitted with a roasting rack. Roast for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 325° and roast 1 hours 45 minutes more for medium, or 2 hours for medium well done.
- Remove from oven and let rest 15 to 30 minutes before serving