Looking for a light and not too sweet and super moist pineapple upside down cake recipe? Well look no further then this Pineapple Upside Down Cake!
- 1 block butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 box (3.4 oz.) lemon instant pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup oil
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in 9 x 13 pan and add brown sugar. Mix until butter and sugar are well blended. Drain pineapple well and spread evenly on butter/sugar mixture.
- Blend cake mix with lemon pudding mix. Then add wet ingredients and mix at medium speed for 2-3 minutes. If using a whisk, beat for at least 30-50 strokes, then pour into baking pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 325 degrees. Check cake by inserting a toothpick in center, if it comes out clean then it’s done. Cool cake for 5 minutes before turning it over. Cut into squares.