This Slow Cooker Chicken Breast recipe comes out perfectly juicy and seasoned every time! Learn my tips for getting the best crockpot chicken breast, perfect for salads, sandwiches or an easy dinner.
This chicken is so flavorful, and so juicy, with just a few ingredients (and one secret ingredient!). I will admit, I have made plenty of dry, overcooked, unpalatable boneless chicken breasts in the slow cooker. I’m not proud of it, but we all do it every now and then, am I right??
I wanted to come up with a foolproof way to make great crockpot chicken breast — that is big on flavor (but still versatile enough to use it a variety of different ways or add your own sauce at the end), and ridiculously juicy. Naturally, I started with this Crockpot Shredded Chicken recipe as my base, since so many of you have already loved it (check out this Instant Pot Shredded Chicken if that’s more your style!), but I made a couple swaps and additions for an extra little boost of flavor.
This slow cooker chicken recipe is perfect just on its own, with a side of rice or noodles or a big salad if that’s your thing, but if you’ve got leftovers? Throw them in this Crockpot Chicken Spaghetti the next day, or swap the ground beef for chicken in this Rigatoni Pasta Bake.
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 3 large skinless chicken breasts ( bone in)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (7/8 ounce) packages chicken gravy mix or 2 (7/8 ounce) packages mushroom gravy mix or 2 (7/8 ounce) packages brown gravy mix
- Place chicken breasts(you may remove bones if you like) in crock pot. Pour in chicken broth. If it doesn’t cover the chicken, you may add a little bit of water. Cook on low 8 hours, or high 4-5 hours. Check for tenderness. When it fall off the bone when pulled with a fork, remove from crock pot. Remove bones.
- In a saucepan, pour 2 cups of broth from crock pot. Add 2 packages gravy mix and stir until it thickens, about 2 minutes. If you like you can make gravy from scratch, using the crock pot broth.
- Serve gravy over chicken. I always serve this with mashed potatoes, but noodles would be good too. You may season to taste at this point, but the gravy mix and the chicken broth are pretty salty, so taste first. Enjoy!
- I served this to my husband, only using 1 cup broth and 1 gravy package. I refrigerated the rest of the chicken and broth, making it again the next day with the other gravy package.