I love this Skillet Enchilada Dinner! The meat has those great Mexican flavors with just little kick. Every bite is full of big fresh flavors that everyone will love.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1(14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1(4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 6 corn tortillas, quartered
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add the ground turkey and cook until browned.
- Combine the onion with the browned turkey and sauté until softened. Add the garlic to the pan, sauté just until fragrant.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes and green chilies, stir to combine. Stir in the taco seasoning, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 10 minutes over medium heat, or until most of the liquid has reduced.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the meat.
- Next layer corn tortillas over the meat and let stand until cheese has melted.
- Serve topped with lettuce, cilantro, and diced tomatoes.