- 2 cups Cornmeal
- 1/2 cup Flour
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 4 lbs Lobster Tails, cleaned in the shell
- 2 qts Oil for deep-frying
- In a gallon-size zip-lock bag, combine the cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic powder, and onion powder. Shake well.
- Clean lobster tails while keeping tail in the shell. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep-fryer or large, deep skillet such as a cast-iron pan. The oil needs to reach 365 degrees.
- Place half of the lobster tails in the bag, shake well to coat the tails completely. Remove tails, set on a rack over a tray to catch any drippings and keep the work area clean. Repeat with remaining tails.
- Deep fry one lobster tail at a time in the oil for about 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Let fried tails dry on paper towels.